Sunday, January 20, 2008

Impact of BA38 Crash

London Trip January 2008London Trip January 2008London Trip January 2008London Trip January 2008

I flew out London a day after the flight BA38 Beijing - London crashed in Heathrow airport. The concierge advised me to check my flight in case of rescheduling but I said I go anyway as I did not receive SMS from Qantas and if there is delay, I can just hang out in the airport.
I could see the plane from my taxi and I was amazed with the fact that how close it was with the main road and I really admire the pilot skills in avoiding disaster. He managed to reduce the impact and everyone, including myself thanked him. I could not take a photo of the unfortunate plane because the taxi driver did not hear me asking him to slow down.
My flight was on schedule and I still got time to wander around in the airport. I went to see the long queue (while having a cigarette) and saw people patiently reissuing their tickets and checking in - as they got impacted by major rescheduling the day before. No one seemed to complaint as the airport staffs seemed to handle this well.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: