Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year 2007

Just wishing all the best for everyone. I decided to have a quiet celebration this year and watch TV. Channel Ten is broadcasting live Sydney fireworks. And I did not really excited with the programme - maybe I am a bit too old for the style - other than the fireworks. I was quite surprised when they show one act of "Priscilla: Queen of The Desert" just right after the kiddie fireworks, and they were using the dialogues that were not "family friendly". I was a bit uncomfortable with the timing - definitely too early. I just kept on skipping the channel so I missed another act in Channel Ten that apparently offensive, son of Bert Newton (forgot his name) doing some obscene gestures in front of television - again still at the hours where kids still awake. I just learned that in "today tonight" - on Channel Seven. They argument was that show was intended for 25-ish audience, but the way I see it, it is more like a show that organised/run by 25-ish people. Not that age matter...

No comments: