Saturday, September 02, 2006

Good Bye My Little Friends.....



Couple of months ago - a couple of pigeons decided to settle down in my balcony. They placed a nest and lived there. They lived their own live and never got into my place eventhough I kept my windows open. We were just happy neighbours. They laid a couple of cute eggs and last Monday baby birds started chirping. That was an awesome experience for me. For almost a week, I always heard chirping and purring in my balcony every morning.
Friday morning, I woke up and found the couple in my living room and flying around wildly. I was a little bit angry because they had violate my property. I shooed them away, closed the windows and went to work. When I went back from work, I saw the couple standing outside and "kind of" staring at me. I ignored them because I was still feel violated by that morning incident. And I did not notice the chirping....
This morning I was doing my laundry and cleaning, and I still saw the birds standing outside and staring at me. I went out and to my surprise, I saw the baby birds were lying cold. My anger dissapeared and what I could do is to tell them how sorry I was and started cleaning the nest and the dead babies. The couple gave me a nod (or I thought they were) and walked off and flew away.
I would like to say to the baby birds that their life was not a waste. You had given me a slight happiness and that really means a lot to me. To the couple, life sometimes does not go as you would like it to be, but you have to keep on moving on and hope for the best. Good luck. Good bye my little friends....

No comments: